Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Love Dare-Day One

The Love Dare:  

One of my goals for 2016 is to really focus on my marriage.  It is really a great relationship.  Nine years and six years of marriage, and we both readily agree that our love is deeper than it has ever been. However, anything that will last forever must become a priority.

The way I intend to do this is to complete The Love Dare by Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick.  This is a 40 day challenge, and I will post my daily intent, and tell you how it went.  Yes, I intend to be honest if I fail at it.  I am awesomely honest that way! 

I want to make a disclaimer that I don't necessarily buy into every aspect of the book, especially some of the religious beliefs; however, there are some great concepts that apply in any relationship that can be gleaned.   I would love for anyone who is interested in trying to deepen their marriage to complete The Love Dare with me, and tell me daily how it is working for you!  



Day 1 Challenge: 
The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often
reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative
to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say
something you’ll regret.

Today was actually such an easy day in general, that I feel it is unfair to even judge how this challenge is going to go based on this day. Mister worked the night before, and he came home in a decent mood and tired. He kissed me, complemented me, and slept all day.  

He was up for 45 minutes before leaving for work, so that time was busy and very calm. It wasn't hard at all to say nothing negative. I do want to clarify that we have our difficult days, and biting my tongue or finding something great to say is not my strong point-ever. This day just flowed.

So how was your first day on the challenge? Was it as smooth? More difficult? Please share your experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment